Saturday, July 01, 2006

All About Ashley - My Grand Intro







Hi, my name is Ashley Ann, and I am the absolute best thing that has ever happened to my parents! Before I came, my parents enjoyed long meals at nice restaurants, sleeping in on the weekends... well, I guess they used to enjoy sleep anytime. But now that I'm here, I have shown them the finer things in life such as how beautiful the stars are at 3 am and how rushing through a meal to play with me is actually a good diet for mom! I guess I owe you an explanation as to why I have disrupted their insanity and conformed it "angel style." On March 16, 2006, my mom and dad were told that I am truly an angel, but not just any angel. I have Angelman Syndrome, which removed the unnecessary part of Chromosome 15 that would require me to do things in life I don't really care for --- like being quiet when I don't want to, not being able to take others' glasses and taste the lenses, having to work every day when I get older, do my own laundry... I think you get the picture. My mom and dad can probably give a doctor explanation for it, but mine pretty much sums it up. So, these are a few pictures from my first year. My mom has a ton more pics but since she is just now getting around to creating my blog, she's starting from now. So, I will make sure she stays on top of my site so that all my angel followers can keep track of where I am. Keep watching for me!

No comments: